I'm running through empty city streets trying to find the train/bus so I can get home. Suddenly there are more people, and they're all heading into a shopping mall. Of course! The station will be under the mall, but I can't find the station, mostly because I keep getting distracted. I run into a group of three young girls who are looking at diamonds and talking about sex; they're discussing how parents and teachers don't know anything, and I can't help myself I interject and say that I wish I'd had more respect for adults and their opinions when I was their age – especially my parents' – because now that I'm older I realize that they're full of experience and wisdom, and they really do have all the answers. I realize that one of the girls is listening, I tell her she should talk to her mom, and I seem to get through to her, I hope I've saved her from getting involved in something she's too young for.
Now, If only I could get home. Hunger is my next distraction. I end up at a fast food joint at the far end of the food court, they have loads of delicious smelling cuisine – however, I don't order any food at all, instead I barter for 2 packs of sweethearts (those tasty candies from childhood) and a bizarre swirling-colored stone necklace. I pay the stooped salesman for my goods, he passes me the candy and I turn around to grab my necklace, but it's being carved by a machine, so I'll have to wait. I wait and I wait. What is taking so long? The man comes over to have a look, the machine appears to be broken – my necklace is only half way done. He pulls it out and tries to give it to me – but I don't want some partial product - and then I realize that I'm disappointed that a machine's even involved – it starts to look like a carnival prize, and not something that I'd ever want.
I'm on roller skates, in China (maybe I was always in China), and I'm trying to get across these boards and stones that are forming a bridge, high above the empty pit of a construction site. I have to get down on my hands and knees because it isn't safe, and I don't want to fall. I don't remember it being this dangerous when I left home this morning, or I would've never worn my skates. My hands are getting really dirty – muddy even, stuff is caked to them, and I'm really worried about it, I'm almost to the other side, I'm almost home, but I start slipping. Some young rocker dude, jumps over me and continues on his way, he's listening to an ipod, and doesn't seem to even notice me. Then suddenly I slip through the floor, and wake up.
I'm actually kind of disturbed by it. It had a nightmarish, save the world, kind of intensity.
3 comments:
You translated that intensity pretty well. I was nervous the whole time I read that. I think it's time to go hiking in the Scottish Moors. Or perhaps on the sunny beaches of California...
Also, I forgot to mention how much I love your new picture.
I want to say something, but I don't know what to say. Interesting dream. Very vivid.
Post a Comment