Thursday, February 07, 2008

I tried to make Lemon Bars today. They turned out all dry and disgusting. I was flabbergasted. I followed the recipe - so shouldn't they have turned out? I had nightmarish flashbacks to seventh grade cooking class - Mrs. Legg yelling and threatening me with detention, promising me that I would never amount to anything in the kitchen if I didn't stop goofing around, and pay attention to the way I sifted and leveled the flour. I thought she was crazy - but maybe she was right - maybe I'll never be able to bake anything with a crust because I just don't understand the properties of flour or its role in my life.

1 comment:

Janna said...

Wow. You should have been in my 7th grade cooking class. Our teacher was sarcastic, indifferent, and dead pan. I loved it. Also, I probably would have liked your lemon bars.