Saturday, February 02, 2019

List 10 Hobbies and Activities That Bring You Joy...
  1. Hiking - I think that anyone who knows me, knows that I love to hike.  To be outside.  To get to the top of a mountain.  To go a distance that's a little farther than I thought I could.
  2. Seeing new places - I love a good adventure. And actually, sometimes I like to see old places again, in a different light.
  3. Taking pictures - I can't really say photography, because I just snap what I see, with my phone - but I love taking pictures - capturing beauty, memories, moments. And, lately I enjoy a good home video recording too.
  4. Tucking the kids into bed - I love this time with them, because I feel like it's a time to really connect, to talk to them about important things, and see into their little souls, and understand what really makes them unique and special.
  5. Organizing - having things in order feels so, so good to me.
  6. Art - these days most of my painting, coloring, drawing is done in the company of three crazy kiddos - who are funny creative, and focused on doing a good job.  I love to see what they make.  I also love to see what Trevor will come up with.  And, for me, it's nice to be creative for a time (even though my skills never really progressed past the 4th grade 😊)
  7. Talking - to family and friends, connecting on a deeper level, laughing, learning something new, finding solutions to problems, discovering what feels good and true.
  8. Reading - I haven't done as much as reading as I would like lately - but I love to read.  I love the way the pages of a book smell.  I like learning something knew, or being sucked into a world that is different from my own.
  9. Sleeping - When ever I'm having a bad day - a little sleep can make it a lot better.
  10. Writing - enough said.

No comments: