
Today, I ventured on busy streets, through antiques, and flowers, carvings, and sketches. I smelled donoughts and thought of Janna. I smelled the sea, and thought of home. I bought books and looked at tea cups. At one point I stood against the protection of a building, map unfolded, looking like a tourist, willing not to be seen. A gentleman tapped my shoulder, "Excuse me, could I help you find something?" Gulp. I'd been caught. Embarassed I submitted to his inquiry. His finger led the way across my map. I didn't look up until I thanked him, and then the color in my cheeks deepened - he was a handsome stranger, whose face looked expectant. I lost my words, and walked away.
2 comments:
You're so adorable, Bonnie. Your story was so charmingly funny I even shared it with my coworker :)
I love the way you write. Its wonderful.
Post a Comment