1988 was the best year of my life. Heidi and Howdie came to school and taught me all about the biathlon, bobsled, and nordic combined. I fell in love with the olympic spirit - one of friendship, unity, courage, determination, and talent.This year's olympic experience has been tainted.
In July of 2001 China won the bid to host the olympics, the IOC said "a Beijing Games would leave a unique legacy to China and to sports. The Commission is confident that Beijing could organise an excellent Games".
I understand the reasons behind the protests. But couldn't it have all gone down seven years ago? Is it just the conveniece of a torch running by that makes blood boil into action? Because, China and tibet have been having problems for quite some time. Since 1959 China has been illegally exercising soverignity over its neighbour. I'm not trying to obviate Tibet's independence - but could we please get on with the olympics and all that it stands for.
1 comment:
I completely agree with you! People have known this will be happening for a long time. Why now?
Post a Comment