“Did she even know that was going to happen?”
“Oh, yeah – I think so.”
“Well, that’s crazy.”
“I know. I couldn’t believe it.”
Hello? Can anybody see me? My foot is anxiously tapping my distress on the floor. This is the third time this week, when I’ve entered a place of business and been greeted in this manner – or rather, not been greeted at all, but completely ignored.
They continue to chatter, and I continue to stand and wait.
When did customer service get flung out the window? Why is it I have to abide two teenage workers prattling on about the diurnal events of adolescence? Can’t I just get my blasted bagel?
I’d like to blame it on the hoodlums behind the counter, but surely this can’t be contributed to the slovenly and selfish ways of teenage-hood alone – it must be the result of a neglected education in good business practice. And further more, it doesn’t seem to be the direct result of age. I notice it all the time in the hospital. Older gals stand behind the desk chatting – while some poor family member waits for information or directions - and they finally get around to helping them, when they “feel like it”.
It’s shameful.
Stop what you’re doing, and help the customer for crying-out-loud!
1 comment:
Me + baby in utero + heavy squirmy baby in arms + crappy customer service = CRANKY MAMA
Post a Comment